For the xató sauce:
- Slice the ñoras pepper in half down the middle and remove the seeds and peduncle. Submerse the pepper halves in warm water and let them rehydrate for 15 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes and garlic, whole and with the skin on, in a small bowl, cover and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Blend the pulp from the hydrated ñora peppers, tomatoes and garlic with the hazelnuts, almonds, vinegar and 60 ml of olive oil until you get a fine, smooth sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
For the purée:
- Sauté the escarole in the remaining 50 ml of olive oil for 1 minute in a pot and salt carefully.
- Crush the crackers into small pieces and add them to the pot. Sauté the mixture for 30 seconds.
- Add the xató sauce and the mineral water (hot). Let the mixture come to a boil and cook the on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Blend on the highest setting until you get a smooth purée. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
2 small ripe tomatoes
1/2 head of garlic
2 ñora peppers
20 g almonds, toasted and peeled
20 g hazelnuts, toasted and peeled
110 ml extra virgin olive oil
50 ml cava vinegar
1 l mineral water
40 g whole wheat crackers
50 g escarole, sliced into chiffonade ribbons
salt and pepper